If you don’t have time to cook, you’ll love this 5-minute Salmon Rice Bowl with Bok Choy made in the microwave!
Microwave Salmon Rice Bowl
For the quickest, flakiest, most perfectly cooked salmon – use your microwave! This whole meal, salmon and veggies cooks in 5 minutes, and it comes out perfectly every time! It’s my go-to when I need a healthy lunch and am short on time. Made in my Anyday microwave dish which I love because it’s glass and has a vented lid. Use discount code: SKINNYTASTE for 10% off The Meal Prep Set on cookanyday.com. If you try it, let me know what you think in the comments!
Salmon Rice Bowls Ingredients
- Rice: I meal prep brown rice in portions and freeze it so I can pop it in the microwave any time. You can also buy frozen brown rice.
- Salmon Rice Bowl Sauce: Sweet red chili sauce, sriracha, freshly grated ginger.
- Salmon: Use a six-ounce filet. The fish can be fresh or frozen and thawed.
- Baby Bok Choy: Halve one bok choy lengthwise.
- Flavor: Season the bok choy with a pinch of salt and drizzle of sesame oil.
How to Make Microwave Salmon Rice Bowls
Here’s how I make this easy salmon rice bowl recipe.
- I partially heat the frozen rice in a microwave-safe dish covered with a vent. I love Anyday’s glass dishes because they come with lids and are so well made. Use discount code: SKINNYTASTE for 10% off The Meal Prep Set
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the rice is warm, place the baby bok choy and salmon in the dish, and drizzle some sesame oil and a pinch of salt over the bok choy.
- Next, brush the glaze over the fish and pop it back in the microwave for three to four minutes. You’ll have perfectly poached salmon and steamed veggies.
- Rice: Swap brown rice with white rice. If you don’t have frozen rice, you can make your own or buy a microwavable rice pouch for faster cooking.
- Low Carb: Swap the rice for cauliflower rice.
- Vegetables: If you can’t find baby bok choy, fresh spinach, broccoli, cauliflower rice, or edamame would also work.
- Spicy Salmon Rice Bowls: These bowls have a bit of a kick, but feel free to add more sriracha if you like extra spicy food.
Glass Meal Prep Sets
More Salmon Recipes You’ll Love:
5-Minute Microwave Salmon Rice Bowl
Place frozen rice in a medium shallow anyday dish (or microwave safe dish), making sure to lift the vent and microwave on high 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, In a small bowl combine red chili sauce sauce, sriracha and ginger.
Remove from microwave and stir, place the halved baby bok choy on the edges of the bowl.
Place the salmon filet skin side down in the center.
Top everything with a pinch of salt. Drizzle the sesame oil over the bok choy.
Brush the sauce over the salmon and cover, vented.
Microwave 3 to 4 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through. I usually do 3 minutes for one piece.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.